Configuration OptionsOn the mods screen, with this mod selected, you can change a lot of the settings with the “Configure” button.
CTRL Turns Grid:
- On; the grid is normally off, but holding CTRL shows it
- Off; (default) the grid is normally on, but holding CTRL hides it
Options ButtonA key to open an in-game menu for the mod’s options. The default button is B on the keyboard. On controllers, using left stick click while on the scoreboard will open it (you can rebind Menu Misc 3 to change it).Toggle ButtonA key to toggle between the most recently used geometries (it will guess if it doesn’t know, which should only happen if you just transferred between the caves and the surface or joined the game). The default button is V on the keyboard. There is no binding for controllers.In-Game Menu
- On (default) the options button will bring up the menu.
- Off it will just toggle the mod on and off (like it did before the menu).
Show Build Grid
- On (default) allows the build grid to be shown
- Off never show the build grid
- Square (default) is the normal grid, aligned with the game’s X-Z coordinate system. Hexagonal geometries allow you to do the tightest possible plots.
- How much of the available time to use for refreshing the grid. Higher settings will make the grid update faster, but may cause lag.
Hide Cursor Item
- Hide All when placing things, hide the object so it doesn’t cover up the grid
- Show Number hide the object, but keep showing how many you have.
- Show All (default) show the object like usual.
Fine Grid SizeHow many points in each direction the grid should go when placing things that can be tightly packed. Defaults to 10.Walls Grid SizeHow many points in each direction the grid should go when placing walls. Defaults to 6.Sandbag Grid SizeHow many points in each direction the grid should go when placing sandbags. Defaults to 5.Turf Grid SizeHow many tiles in each direction the grid should go when placing turf. Defaults to 2.Grid Colors
- Red/Green red for “can’t place”, green for “can place”
- Red/Blue same as red/green, but with blue for “can place”
- Black/White black for “can’t place”, white for “can place”. A bit easier to see at night
- Outlined (default) similar to black/white, but uses black-with-white-outline and white-with-black-outline for the best visibility.
- Yes allows you to place chests a little bit closer together, like you can with the Architectural or Assisted Geometry mods. Technically the game doesn’t normally let you place them quite that close together, but the difference is small. This doesn’t work reliably in DST.
- No uses the true spacing for chests.
- On uses the normal offset, which rotates with the player.
- Off (default) keeps the object at the player’s feet, making it easier to place it right where you want to.